Our talented guides are experienced in every area of tour guide work, including step-on tours of the San Diego area, staff for meetings and incentive programs, team building, airport meet-and-greets, dine-a-rounds, convention services or if you just want a private guide for your family or group of friends.
The best way to request a guide is to simply fill out the form on our Contact Us page and submit it to us. We can also be reached by phone at (619) 663-7705.
We will immediately forward your request to Association members who are qualified for the service you require, who will then contact you directly with their availability and additional information you are seeking. Payment for services is handled directly between the visitor or company and the chosen member.
Services & Rates
Tour Guide Rates
Tour Guides are available for private or group tours for either walking, coach, van or private cars. Typically a San Diego visitor is coordinating the transportation separately and complementing it with a guide. Our rate for a standard San Diego City Tour is $150.00. (4-hour minimum. Each additional hour billed at the rate of $37.50) Quoted rates for tour guides do not include transportation and are for guide service only.
Multi-Lingual Tour Guide Rates
We currently have members who speak Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
City tour rates: $180.00 for four-hour city tour; each additional hour $40.00. Quoted rates for step-on guide service do not include transportation, and are for guide service only.
Note: We do not test for foreign language proficiency. Each member has self-determined his/her level of ability. We suggest that employers interview guides in the required language before finalizing any contracts.
Transfer Rates (what is a transfer?)
San Diego Airport, Cruise Ship Terminal or Dinner Transfers – $150.00 (4-hour minimum)
Dinner transfers – $160.00 (4-hour minimum)
Los Angeles Airport transfers – $250.00 (6-hour minimum) One-way transfer to LAX may also involve extra charges for a car rental, gasoline and parking fee. Each additional hour is $40.00.
Ensenada, Mexico cruise ship transfers – $280.00 (flat rate, usually 8 hours)
Miscellaneous Convention Delegates Package
Convention Delegates package pick up and delivery service (rate is for a maximum of 25 bags) – $125.00 ($5.00 each additional bag)
Additional charges maybe incurred for mileage, such as to North County, and for parking.
Whether your clients need assistance with arrivals and/or departures for their groups or detailed attention in other areas, our certified members can assure that your San Diego experience will be the best.
Please include the hourly pay you are offering if soliciting a member for destination services. The requested hourly pay is $22 with a four-hour minimum.
Airport meet and greets are charged at the rate of $25.00 per hour with a four-hour minimum.
CANCELLATION POLICY for any of the above services : Due to the high demand for our services a 4-hour minimum fee will apply for cancellation notices received less than 24 hours in advance of contracted work. This policy applies to all above tours booked with any of our professional guides.
Sample City Tour:
A typical city tour tour is 4 hours long and will show you most of the highlights of the city. Journey through San Diego’s newly revitalized and vibrant DOWNTOWN, including the GASLAMP QUARTER with its many entertainment venues housed in historic buildings; the beautiful EMBARCADERO waterfront, located on San Diego Bay with its wonderful harbor views’ and the SAN DIEGO MARITIME MUSEUM, home to the STAR OF INDIA, the world’s oldest merchant sailing ship!
Also venture to OLD TOWN, the birthplace of California! Enjoy the history here as well as many colorful and authentic Mexican shops and restaurants.
No visit to San Diego would be complete without a visit to beautiful BALBOA PARK, home to the world-famous SAN DIEGO ZOO, and dozens of museums, gardens and beautiful Spanish-style buildings.
Another “must do” is a visit to the historic and stunning HOTEL DEL CORONADO, located on Coronado Island. You’ll enjoy the best views hands down of downtown San Diego and the NAVAL STATION SAN DIEGO as we cross the bridge.
If you have another hour (or more) to spare, you might also consider visiting LA JOLLA (known as “The Jewel”), a charming seaside village with many upscale shops and eateries with panoramic ocean views.
Other recommended group lunch stops include: Seaport Village (Embarcadero), Old Town San Diego, Gaslamp Quarter (Downtown), Coronado or the village of La Jolla.
Some Suggestions for Other Attractions You May Want to Include:
- Balboa Park – the civic pride of San Diego, featuring 1,200 acres to include 14 museums, 14 gardens, miles of walking trails and the world’s largest outdoor organ (free concerts every Sunday at 2pm)
- Cabrillo National Monument out on Point Loma, commemorating Juan Cabrillo’s landing at San Diego Bay in 1542
- Culinary Tours – enjoy one of many food-tasting tours offered throughout San Diego
- Golf outings, including Torrey Pines Golf Cours,e which hosts the PGA Annual Farmer’s Invitational
- La Jolla Coastal Walk, Birch Aquarium, Parasailing, Kayaking in the Sea Caves
- SeaWorld, a marine-life amusement park. Swim with the dolphins and dine with Shamu
- The Giant Dipper, a 1925 historic wooden roller coaster at Belmont Park, or the Pacific Beach Boardwalk
- The USS Midway, the largest and most popular aircraft carrier museum in the United States
- San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park for behind-the-scene tours and safaris
- Legoland Theme Park in Carlsbad for the kids
- Tijuana, Rosarito Beach, Ensenada and beautiful Baja Mexico peninsula and great shopping
- Segway and bike tours through Balboa Park, the Gaslamp Quarter, Coronado and La Jolla
- Julian, California, a gold rush mountain town famous for its mountain scenery and Julian apple pies
- Temecula, California, Southern California’s Wine Country; hot air ballooning
- Major league baseball at PETCO Park
- Hiking excursions to Torrey Pines Coastal Cliffs as well as other locations
Listed below by tour or guide type are the names of our members and a brief description of their experience and guide “style.”
When in San Diego, insist on the best…us!